Monday 9 July 2012

Spoke too soon...

Well today didn't go to plan on the 'My Hour' front - but Monday is always a crazy day for us. I was very productive and efficient, just not able to get time to do my own thing - also failed in my other goal to be in bed by 10pm to try and catch up on some sleep.

Today was a good day however, teaching a Coping with Loss course was draining, but very satisfying. Catching up with my son's key worker for a nursery Parent Evening was weird at such a young age, but it's always nice to hear that all is well. Then off to one of my reading groups - childcare mix up so only able to drop off the cake and say 'hi' before two very tired children lost interest in attending. Then back to put tired ones to bed, do the tax return and eat. Food shopping got delivered and put away, the most basic tidying up and I'm fit to drop.

One of the exercises I introduced the students to today was listing 3 things about the day that were good, and one hope for tomorrow. In the spirit of practicsing what I preach:
  • The group today were really great to teach, keen and engaged and good at feedback.
  • The dog hadn't eaten anymore CD's by the time I got home.
  • My son is progressing as he should be - he's totally normal.
My hope for tomorrow is that I finish my talk for Wednesday night in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment