Tuesday 10 July 2012

Does working for myself count?

I've just spent well over an hour completing a talk for tomorrow night - I know it was work, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm really pleased with the outcome. PowerPoint can be a bit dry and boring, but with some tasteful animation and a nice design layout I think the talk and slides are really interesting (but then I'm biased). It's a new group I haven't spoken to before, so it's always nice to meet new clients and hopefully get further bookings.

Of course, this does mean there is a long list of things I haven't done... like made the bed for my guests that are now looking quite tired (they are family who stay a lot so working was ok - I promise). It also means the dog hasn't his evening walk yet, the toys haven't gone away, the dishwasher hasn't been emptied etc. etc. But sometimes I think it's ok to let those things wait while something more important takes place.

I often teach about the difference between important and urgent - and how important often gets left and left. I enjoyed allowing important to take the lead tonight, and the toys will still be there in the morning. I will however go for a quick, and wet, walk with the dog...

No comments:

Post a Comment