Sunday 15 July 2012

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy

I got a bit of a freebie today in terms of time. At the weekends we've fallen into a pattern of one of us getting up with the kids and the other having a hour or so to lye in - or read a book etc. It's a win-win as it's nice to spend some special time with the kids, and of course also nice to have a bit of time to sleep more.
This morning instead of sleeping I decided to enjoy the hour more consciously and started on the latest issue of Writing Magazine. I always find it useful and interesting, and it was nice to sit with my highlighter and find some tips or ideas of things to try. This issue was no exception and my 'to do' list has now grown a little.

The loveliness of the morning continued into a beautiful day. I am on annual leave tomorrow and the kids will be at nursery, so I've just ended the day getting all my paperwork up to date so that tomorrow I can really just do something relaxing. It's crazy late, but there is a real relief from having so many envelopes ready and waiting for the post office, and forms for work and the dreaded tax return all done.

Now all I have on my list are things that are exciting to move my business forward or ideas for the holidays. Of course the laundry has piled up after a day off, but that is always there so I'll get to it eventually. Last job of the day is to book my photography session - I've been offered a 'me hour' to get some professional shots for my website... sounds great and proves the power of a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment