Sunday 29 July 2012

Hours in the bag

Yesterday I managed to have more 'hours' than ever before! I feel like I've banked some for less relaxed days. In the morning I went for a 'photo shoot' to get some professional shots for my website, and hopefully to go along with any articles that get published. It was a great session and although I'm still not that comfortable with photos of me, I enjoyed the experience and look forward to seeing the results.

In the afternoon we were invited to a Summer Party in the street, so the boys went on time, and as G was having a nap I stayed at home  - and had a nap myself. There was an achingly long list of things I could have done, but with my new appreciation of time I felt it was OK to just take a break. The party when we did get there was lots of fun and the weather was brilliant too.

As I hadn't been 'bouncing' for as long as hubs - I wasn't so tired, so had a lovely cool walk in the park with the dog (another 'hour') and then read my book in bed while hubs snored gently beside me. So, four 'hours' in just one day - what a lovely day spent with friends, family and sunshine.

Today has also been a joy. Again meeting with friends, spending time as our small family unit and enjoying the Summer. A thunderstorm later was the British weather back to normal - but having the Olympics to watch indoors means we're never bored at the moment. 

My hope for tomorrow is that my long 'to do' list includes just enjoying my first day off, without the kids for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment