Sunday 19 August 2012

Can sleep count?

After failing in my mission for the last few days, I've decided to count going to bed at 9.30pm last night - and the extra hour of sleep I got! Things have just been very busy here, and time for me has gone by the wayside a litte - which is as it should be, but I'm now feeling I could do with a bit of 'me time' back. It's hard to give out lots of energy if you don't get the chance to refill your own again. I teach about this all the time, and then forget to do it all for myself...

It made me laugh when I was teaching 'Stress Management' once and one of the students remarked that I must have a stress free life as I knew all these things. Of course that is far from the truth, and sometimes knowing what you should do is more frustrating when you're not doing it. I come up with all the excuses that my students do - but I then have to challenge myself to also follow through with the solutions.

Challenge for tomorrow - Focus on a SMART list of things to do, and then do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment