Tuesday 18 September 2012

Old dogs etc

Well, it turns out I'm more of an old dog than I realised. I've spent the last two weeks reverting back to my old ways of wasting time, feeling frustrated and out of control. I'm fairly sure it's triggered by stress at work, which has led to illness which has just made me want to hibernate from the world for a while.

I think there is a place for listening to your body, and taking some down time can be very beneficial, what I'm not good at traditionally is finding the right time for me to come 'back'. My natural inclination is to avoid hard work - however you can't take a day off from being a mum, and I've been so amazingly happy with how my mission was going that I want to get my mojo back asap.

I've taken some time (not by choice, but by medical need) to stay in bed for two days, and much as I would like to stay there for at least another week, I have to be up and 'mummy' tomorrow, so I plan to use the day to spark myself back into control. If I didn't think it would hurt I might even slap myself.

I was so frustrated to find myself having wasted two hours of my life in front of rubbish TV, and I was a bit shocked how easily I feel back into old habits that I feel more need than ever to savour every moment life gives me. When I think of all the things I complain I don't get to do, like read a book, that I could have done for TWO WHOLE HOURS! Even if I'd watched something on TV that I liked!!!...

So, I can learn new tricks, there's life in the old dog yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment